Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Yousuf Khan Yousuf Khan is offline

Default LCD Flicker. And windows won't keep changes to the display settings!

wrote:
Dear experts,

I've seen some really strange behavior lately, like I've
never seen before.

I have a Dell 4600, with an Nvidia Geforce 5200 card in it.
To date, I've used a simple CRT monitor from Dell.
But this week, I bought an LCD screen from Sony.

There was some flicker. So, I downloaded the latest
drivers and everything from NVidia, and installed
everything. There still was flicker. So, I
decided to compare.

Depends, are you using the VGA cable to connect to the LCD or a DVI
cable? VGA cables are analog, while DVI are digital. This normally
wouldn't make a difference to an LCD monitor, except unless if the LCD
has a crappy analog-to-digital converter built-in, then you might see
artifacts like this when connecting through a VGA cable. There won't be
any such problem if you connect with a DVI cable, since it's all digital
all of the way.

Yousuf Khan

--
There is no failure, only delayed success