Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk
mike mike is offline

Default random use of different notebook transformers

WhzzKdd wrote:
"Captain Midnight" wrote in message
"JWBH" wrote in message
My young son's friend came around to our house the other evening with his
notebook pc. The friend's battery started running low, so my son took
the
transformer from my wife's laptop and plugged it into his friends

computer.
I was horrified that he hadn't checked the voltage the amperage or the
polarity. He knows more than me about computers, but was he right to not
check these things or does a few volts, the polarity or the likely
difference in amperage between notebook computers not matter much.
grateful for other opinions on this. thanks.

I just cut and strip the end of an extension cord and put the wires in
whatever holes look convenient.

Obviously you know the answer.

Love it! That would be quite the light show, eh?

I once bought a power brick at a swapmeet. Put it on the voltmeter.
Measured zero CD volts, but it shocked the pee out of me.
Turns out someone had tied the AC mains to the output and put a postit
note inside saying, "F...You!". Glad I tested it first.
I know who sold it to me, but he's much bigger than I am ;-(
mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He