Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Ron is offline

Default Dust collectors - ThankX, 1.5hp it is..

Appreciate the replies.

I've been doing more research and agree 1.5 hp / 1000CFM is probably the
minimum I need.

I'm also realizing that the purchase price of this tool may be secondary to
my health and
my familys.

The local Rockler's has same deal on the 1100 model also, but, ..

My biggest question is 'Is a 2 micron filter good enouth'?

As mentioned on Bill Pentz's web site, particles below 2.5 micron are the
worst.

That said, should I be considering the PSI DC2000BCF (1 micron) over the Jet
1100 (2 micron)
canister or do most still wear dust masks (as I would expect to) as a 'last
line of defense'?

Is rewiring the PSI unit for 110 a big deal. I only have 1 circuit open in
my service panel, so
installing another 220 line may be a problem (unless I can find a real good
deal on a gas dryer

Also, I already have a dust separaror, 4" in / 2.5" out to the shop vac..

Finally, what is the current draw on the Jet 1100 @ 110v.

ThankX again,
Ron