Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default eco-barge from C4's "Grand Designs" last night.

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

Actually I think despite all odds, the fundamental 'design' turned

out
suprisingly elegant.
Okay some of those windows were just ridiculous, and the process was
laughable.
But put next to some tired green GRP motor cruiser thingy, its

grandeur was
in another league.
So I don't really understand the mariner's objections, other than
conservatism in perhaps the more salubrious ones.

--
Mike W

I may have misunderstood (others talking in the room at the time!!),
but wasn't the 'marina' owner complaining that the barge was damaging
his jetty?

Yes, but I was referring to the general difficulty they faced finding places
in the first place.

--
Mike W