Gnube

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:47:18 +0100, "Robin Prater"
wrote:

Although I would not disagree with a word of your good technical advice I
must take issue on your description of DAB as crap! I have had digital
radio for three years, in London we have 50 stations to choose from and I
would not go back to listening on FM. My advice would be to buy a DAB
receiver put up a good Band III aerial and enjoy real quality sound.

Well ok, but I'm not far from Luton, where the supplier mentioned by
the OP is, and to be honest, we're NEVER going to have 50 stations on
DAB around here, and I'd be surprised if we could even get DAB at all
inside the next 10 years. The rationing of resources has never worked
that way before, and I'd be glad to be wrong if I am, but experience
suggests that's how it will be.

The BBC has announced no certain plans for local radio after the big
switch off, and I am pretty sure that's because they don't have any.
I'd be really glad to be wrong about that too. Not holding my breath
about it though.

I'd like to go get DAB tomorrow, but I can't see any point, they have
yet to make AM or FM work "well" here yet. I understand DAB is
technically more demanding still. Having it happen sounds pretty
unlikely then, given track records to date! I think I better go and
re-research all this as it looks like something you could not make
up, but had all the same! ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}