Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,triangle.general,neworleans.general
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Legal Americans of ALL Nationalities..TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY

dgk wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:40:43 -0700, "Dave Bugg"

I have high expectations for a President. But that wasn't your
initial
point. You basically were asserting that soldiers were not receiving
proper
helmet gear because of Bush. If you want to know what my
expectations are,
here's a copy of a letter that I sent to both the GOP and the White
House:

Dear Republican Party and President Bush:

With control of the executive and legislative branches of our
national
government for so many years now, I expected:

1.. Meaningful slashes in government growth.
2.. An absolute reduction in budgetary pork and subsidies, like the
obscene levels of farm subsidies we have seen.
3.. Huge decreases in discretionary spending at all levels, and
active
reform in non-discretionary areas leading to consolidation and
streamlining
of all departments in the federal government with the goal to contain
unnecessary bureaucratic costs and overhead.
4.. Movement toward Medicare and Social Security reforms to contain
the near-future collapse of these two bloated programs. I am
absolutely LIVID
regarding the addition of the prescription drug program to Medicare.
5.. Elimination of the Department of Education and the federal
strings
which reduce local control of our schools.
6.. Far more cuts in taxes than the piddling puddle accomplished to
date.
7.. Concrete protection of our southern border and an effective
overhaul
in immigration which results not only in safety from terrorism, but
also in protection of my American culture. This included decreasing
the amount and
types of legal immigration, as well as obliterating illegal
immigration. A Constitutional Amendment protecting the definition
of traditional
marriage.
8.. Republican congressional leaders accepting responsibility for
their
failures and stating how they are going to correct such failures,
rather
than spinning and seeking ways to avoid criticism.
My 19 year old son is in his sophomore year at Seattle Pacific
University as
a 4 year ROTC scholarship recipient. He follows each generation of
men in
our family back as far as the American Revolution, who have
gratefully
served our Nation. My father left school when he was sixteen and a
half
years old to join the Marines in WWII. He fought and distinguished
himself
on Iwo Jima, and then later, after leaving the Marines and finishing
High
School, he joined the Army and fought in Korea. He served 26 years
in the
Army, and I grew up on military bases. After graduation from high
school, I
served during Vietnam.

Our soldier's best chance of survival during war has always been the
unremitting and merciless use of our entire arsenal to smash the
enemy in so ...

I think that you were fooled, like most true conservatives have been
fooled. ....snip the rest of the false constructs and conspiracy nonsense

Fooled? No. Being a conservative isn't about being a Republican or Democrat
or Libertarian, et al. The Republican party doesn't own conservatism or
conservatives, which was the thesis of my letter: the Republican party, if
they *wish* to be the party of conservatism, had better crap or get of the
pot.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com