Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] -@-.com is offline

Default $350 for a thickness planar what should I get?

I'm looking for a thickness planer and plan on getting it from Home
Depot. They have Rigid, Ryobi, Delta, and Dewalt brands. The Ryobi is
fairly cheap $200 I think. I have a Rigid router that I am quite happy
with and have been leaning towards that model.

Any suggestions on features I should look for? I have never used one
and am not sure what to look for. The basic use is for rough saw oak
and other hardwoods. Most pieces will be less than 6 feet in length,
width around 8"-12" and thickness from 1/4" or so up to 3".

Thanks.