Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default No more filament bulbs

"Owain" wrote in message
What about lava lamps?

I guess you'll be required to fit a CFL and a heating element. To
shield the CFL from the element you'll need a dual pane glass
insulating unit, argon filled to meet BS 17459268949475483 for Lava
Lamps. This may only be fitted by an approved Fensa registered fitter
with the extra Lava module NVQ. The result will be lava lamps now cost
£150 and up. Oh, and energy efficiency is precisely the same.
And since the glass insulator seals are found to split in time, the
glass filling with nesting insects, you'll have to have your glass
insulating device replaced every 4 years at a cost of £149.95.

Or you could buy a new one from Ikea for 49p ( + VAT = £11.33)

You know, maths isn't my strongest asset but even I can't work the sum of
49p + 17.5% to come to £11.33 ...

Although I suppose it depends on what the value of 49p is ...

Mary