Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default No more filament bulbs

"Dave" wrote in message

And oven lamps, and microwave lamps, and other low usage lamps (toilets)
that do not need to be on all the time.

Once our toilet light is on (when the sun sets) it's on until the sun rises.

Low energy lamps are not recommended for these uses. They do not like
short illumination.

The EU is proposing that sale of non CFL bulbs be made illegal in *five*
years time. Lots of time for CFL replacements for these to be designed
and
marketed.

Who is this EU that dictates to us, without our 'democratically' elected
MPs voting on a yes or no.

Especially as we, the voters, do not even have a say in what is decided on
in this so called democratic presidential, non cabinet government. :-((

We have no say in ANYTHING.

Democracy?