Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default eco-barge from C4's "Grand Designs" last night.

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andrew Mawson"
saying something like:

I may have misunderstood (others talking in the room at the time!!),
but wasn't the 'marina' owner complaining that the barge was damaging
his jetty? My first reaction when I saw the height of the aluminium
cladding 'steeple', was that it would be dangerous in a high wind - a
huge area at a significant height.

It struck me that the high sail area of that entrance tower would make
manoeuvrubg interesting in windy conditions.

Perhaps it was banging it into the
piles when the wind blew a tad strong and it heeled over.

I'd imagine any yard owner would object to something banging into his
piles.
--

Dave