A.Gent

Default I may never "sharpen" a knife again (using a STeele)

"Gunner" wrote in message

Im not a fan of putting on a seat belt when getting into a
motor vehicle either..and the chances of me being involved in an
accident are very small, but I do non the less.

Why?
Don't you drive very much?
(You do realise that *no-one* admits to being a dangerous driver... and accidents
are *always* caused by "the other guy".)

I should mention that in the past 30 yrs, Ive had to draw my CCW 5
times.

Deary me.
I should mention that in a longer time-frame than that, I've never felt the need to
produce or display a CCW. I've been a cab driver, a shop assistant, a truck driver,
a delivery person amongst other potentially "hazardous" occupations, and I haven't
ever hesitated to go anywhere at any time in this country for the sake of personal
safety.

You must live in a very dangerous country.

... In only one of those cases was there another firearm involved.
But knifes, clubs, and large groups of individuals bent on harming
one, can kill you just as dead. No shots were fired in any of those
cases. And in each one of those cases, harm or death to myself, or
others WOULD have occurred if Id not been armed and willing to defend
myself with deadly force. Not maybe..but Would. And rape to my wife
and or others.

Land of the free, home of the brave.
Don't tell me stories like this, Gunner.
I like Americans. I'd love to visit your shores (the Smithsonian, the Cape for a
launch, Niagara, Yellowstone... sighhh) but you're doing a good job of frightening me
out of it. Give me crocodiles and funnelweb spiders any day.

So am I being paranoid? Or simply, like wearing a seat belt, prudent?

Another crook analogy. Seat belts are defensive. Can't be offensive (unless you
strangle someone with one.)

Doesn't sound too peaceable to me, Pard.

Our crime rate is at an all time low, our homicide rates are down
below levels of 1964, and still declining. There are more privately
possessed firearms than ever before, 42 states now issue CCW permits
and things are getting nice and peaceable. Im afraid that the same
cannot be said for other countries that have banned the use of the gun
for self defense, or even its ownership. But then..Im damned glad to
live in a nation where each individual does have the right to properly
use deadly force in self defense. And has the right as a basic part
of its foundation documents.

And yet you've been in real fear of your life five times (at least?).
Do you provoke trouble?

(I mean in real life, not on Usenet.)

Shrug..each to his own. Im quite happy to be a citizen, not a sheeple,
and have the option of picking which I prefer being, rather than
having the sheeple part forced on me by a government.

Bahhhhhhhhh
Humbug.

Anyways, keep shrugging. I can sense that tension diminishing already.

Gunner

Changing the subject a little, Gunner.... (if I may wander even more OT)

Would you rather be living in the the wild west (the land of "Bonanza" and

"Shane"
and so on) than here and now?

Just wondering....

Jeff