Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.locksmithing

Default Weatherproofing a lock or deadbolt

Excellent!

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Ralph" wrote in message
link.net...
: Many, many, years ago, I saw a unique solution to a problem of
sand and salt
: air getting into a door lock on a beach-front vacation house.
:
: Owner had taken the lid of a large (1 qt, approx.) jar and cut
an opening in
: it so that the lid fit between the lock and the door. When he
was leaving
: for the week, or whatever, he screwed the jar onto the lid,
thus covering
: the lock. I have always thought that was a slick solution to
protect
: seldom-used locks.
:
: Just thought I'd pass this along in case there's someone out
there who
: hadn't seen or heard of it before.
:
: