Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall Nails

"3G" wrote in message |

that's funny
the plasterers I hired used nails to tack the sheets and then screwed it
off with fine thread drywall screws.
they also used nails to install all the corner bead.
no popped nails yet.

But that is no guarantee that they won't over time. Or that they will.
Depends on many factors, such as the quality and dryness of the studs, how
the nails were set and finished. Some never pop, but I've seen rooms with
10 or more that have. There is a reason the industry went to screws, they
just hold better and lessen the possibility of trouble later.

You can't extrapolate your good experience that none will ever pop anywhere.