Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Window AC/heating units? ? ?

Thanks Mike

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 14, 6:25 pm, "Ray" wrote:
I live in an old apartment building where the steam-heating system is
erratic, and I'd like to have a reliable supplementary heat source. Those
1500 watt space heaters don't quite do the trick

I have heard that combination air conditioning and heating units are
available. I have 220 wiring in my apartment.

Would like to hear from anyone who has had experience with such
equipment.

What about the cost of operating?

They are popular in the south. It's a good idea, but be prepared to
dish out a lot of $$$ upfront. Those dual units are expensive, not to
mention the cost of operating them if your electric utility is
expensive.