Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shower stall light/fan, gfi?

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
z wrote:

My intention is to replace the vent fan in the shower stall with a
combined light/fan; easy access from the attic, don't want to separate
the two, just keep the one timer that ran the fan to run them
both.... but the fan/lights in the Home Dumpo all say "suitable for
installation in shower stall WITH A GFI" or similar. Why? If I wasn't
in grave danger of electrocution from the old fan two feet above my
head while taking a shower, why would I be in danger from the fan/
light? Am I missing something?

Your existing fan was probably purchased and installed at an earlier point
in America's history, before the liberals decided that it was absolutely
essential to try and protect as many of our citizens as possible from
their own stupidities........

The plan really backfired. We protected too many morons, and they elected
Bush. :-)