Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
jev jev is offline

Default Help making peppermill

On 14 Mar 2007 19:40:44 -0700, "Mike R. Courteau"
wrote:

Can someone give a good site to get information on making peppermills?
My daughter just purchased a new chuck for her lathe and she bought
all the hardware to make a nice simple project for a
beginner...right!! I didn't have the heart to tell her she could have
picked something easier to begin with! Anyway,I've never made one so I
can't be of much help. Something with a lot of instructions and
pictures would be great.

Thanks all

Mike

There are several different mechanisms out there and the procedure for
each is different. Try finding a website for the outfit you bought
the mechanism from - it often contains an instruction set.

For example , here's an article on turning the peppermill

http://www.woodcraft.com/articles.aspx?articleid=585

and here are a couple of instruction sets for a particular design of
grinding mechanism

http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/77c14.pdf
http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/77c15.pdf