Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Varnish or similar for OSB flooring ?

On 2007-03-15 14:01:47 +0000, Adrian said:

A neighbour up the road used some of the Screwfix stuff, left it a
week to go off, and then parked a car on it...

Overnight he ended up with four little concrete 'typeprints' where the
pressure of the tyres had lifted off the paint. Not a happy bunny !

Think something lower-tech might be the solution

Similar concept but different product...

I built a ramp for the garden for my father to be able to navigate
either an electric buggy or walk himself up the height of a couple of
steps. Slopes are easier for him than steps and the point was to be
able to do either
unaided apart from a stick etc.

Criteria were that the finish should be quite hard wearing, weather
resistant and have little or no risk of slipping as well as having a
reasonable appearance.

I used some non-slip deck coating obtained from Screwfix. (45907)
This is a quite heavy grade of varnish, not too glossy. It darkened
the wood a little.

It's lasted outside for three years and still looks as good as the
first day. There's no slippage but it doesn't appear rough to the eye
either.