Gunner

Default I may never "sharpen" a knife again (using a STeele)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:31:14 +1100, "A.Gent"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:06:17 +1100, "A.Gent"
wrote:

"Gun Freedom, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
lose her pistol to a 250lb 19yr old criminal... and then be shot with it."

And with a few edits, "jeff" becomes "Child Molester"

A *few* edits?
There's only one letter in common, and that's in the wrong place.
Poor analogy, Gunner. More "anal" than "Gee!"

Nahhhhh.

Of course, neither edit has any validity, but as you apparently
delight in the exercise.... Shrug.

Shrug away.

It'll help you loosen up, and relieve some of your oh-so-obvious tension.

But don't you think that 110lb Granny is probably *less* likely to be packing heat
than a criminally-minded 19 y.o.?

Its largely dependant on which part of the US you are referring to,
and then in large part because its illegal for either party to carry
without a permit. Which granny will generally follow..but there is no
such reluctance on the part of the kid. Now as to having Granny
keeping a shotgun or handgun around the house..Id say there are
millions of such. News reports often feature Granny chasing off, or
blowing the 19 yr old pukes **** away.

"If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns", (as you would probably say)
*but*
if anyone can get guns down at the local WalMart, then what makes you think that
Granny will and 19 y.o. won't?

First you have to be 21 to purchase a firearm at Walmart, so the 19yr
old cannot do so legally. Secondly most amateur bad guys in this age
range tend to rely on their size and strength (its a psychological
thing) when confronting Granny. Which often leads to 19 yr olds being
killed or wounded in the commission of a crime, by Granny.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...e.asp?CatID=43

In fact, a good many women are now arming themselves, both at home and
on the street. Women getting CCW permits is at an all time high.

And surprisingly enough..in areas where its known women are
armed..rapes, robberies etc etc against women are all down below our
already low crime rate.

Shug..while you and I might be able to handle that young puke by hand,
why deny those that are the most defenseless, have no way to defend
themselves?

As to your claims that a firearm may be taken from a woman and used
against her..please give me two examples. If you are unable to do
so..then your claim is simply a meaningless "what if" .

Gunner

You don't think background checks would stop a naughty 19 y.o. do you?

Changing the subject a little, Gunner.... (if I may wander even more OT)

Would you rather be living in the the wild west (the land of "Bonanza" and "Shane"
and so on) than here and now?

Just wondering....

Jeff

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"