Posted to uk.d-i-y
greg greg is offline

Default Washing Machine Help

I'm not sure if my washing machine (Hotpoint Aquarius) is working
properly or not and I was wondering if someone here could help me.

When I wash at 60', there's lots of foamy suds in the drum during, but
when I wash at 40' there are hardly any. Is this supposed to happen?
Are my clothes getting clean?
(I'm using Fairy tablets at the moment - they are supposed to be
suitable for both 40' & 60')

Also, when I start a wash, quite a bit of water seems to be pumped out
of the machine - where does this come from and why does it do it? I
notice this because the washing machine outlet connects under the
kitchen sink & it bubbles up through the plughole.

Thanks

Greg