Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Problem with washer?

On Mar 14, 9:08 pm, "jen2006" wrote:
For the past few months, I've had a water pressure problem with my
washer. Forget about washing a load on cold because the water comes
out with a pressure of a little more than a faucet drip. It works fine
if I use the warm cycle, but then I have the issue during the rinse
cycle.I dont know if the problem is with the washer or if its the
washer connection. This is getting to be a pain because if i let it
finish washing it takes about 2 hrs. Here lately instead of waiting i
would just restart it on the wash cyle to let it rinse, the only thing
is Im using more power.

Disconnect the hose from the valve and make sure you have a good flow
of water from the valve. If you do the problem is probably in the
inlet valve or the filter washer that is usually present. To check
the filter washer remove the hose from the inlet at the washer and
check in the inlet and in the end of the hose for a small screen; pull
it out and make sure it is clean and/or pick up a new one at the
hardware store and replace it. If the filter/washer is clear and the
water flow from the wall valve is good then the problem is probably in
the inlet valve. Remove the inlet valve and disassemble it to check
for blockages.