Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default OT? - Broken Fridge

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Bert writes:

b ] said:

Gummo ha escrito:
My son's fridge/freezer has been leaking gas tonight. It doesn't
look good
for the fridge - I told him to turn it off and open the kitchen
window.

The question is, although Curry's one year guarantee expired a year
ago and
knowing that, by law, the appliance should last at least 5 years
before
something like this happens, who do I hold responsible? Currys or
Hoover?

Gummo

cross posted to sci electronics repair. maybe someone there cn shed
some light on the cause .

On the basis that fridge coolant is a, in a secret life, really an
electronic component?

Degreaser?

Or, that it's an electronic problem once the compressor burns out.

Seriously, perflectly legitimate to post here.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the

Yeah especially since there are many knowledgeable people here that know
about lots of different things other than electronics.

It also makes for interesting discussions and reading. ;-)

- Mike