Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice on buying a ladder

Mathew Newton wrote:
It's the so-called 'Laddermat' - http://www.laddermat.co.uk/

As it was my first time up ladders at height I bought one when I got
the ladders as I felt more comfortable using a purpose-designed
product rather than wedging a piece of wood etc. I wanted to feel as
if I was at least doing something 'proper' rather than what I might
consider in hindsight in a hospital bed to have been an accident
waiting to happen.

The nobbled construction mean they can be safely stacked whereas
whilst one piece of wood might be okay two would certainly be pushing
it (coefficient of friction and all that).

I must say it's a bit pricey at ~£15 given what they are but at the
very least it gave me some reassurance whilst stood at the top.

Thanks for the link Matt, just what I've been looking for. I often find
myself on my own with nobody to foot a ladder and I often find uneven
surfaces.

Just ordered one, but it cost me £20 with delivery.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman