Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Dead circuit, breakers all good

"Thomas Horne" wrote in message
link.net...
Ook wrote:
I'd be seriously thinking about connecting the rest of the circuit to
the line side of that gfi instead of the load side.

I did - immediately. End of problem :-)

I'm not opposed to having the circuit protected by a GFCI, but having the
GFCI outside the house is just wrong. You should not take out the front
room and half a bedroom when your christmas tree lights trip the GFCI. If
I had a chance to do it myself, I would have put all outslide lights and
outlets on their own circuit, instead of mixing them like it currently
is. For $.10, I'd rewire the house myself and do it my way. Get rid of
some of the spaghetti wiring, add a few more circuits, design it a bit
better.

Were do you want me to send your ten cent US postal money order.
--
Tom Horne

Ohhh....twist my arm...please....

/looks at wiring in basement again and shudders....