Gunner

Default lead arsenic alloy

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 02:47:49 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"David A. Webb" wrote in message
.. .

I've yet to cast my first bullet, as it will be another couple of
weeks before my molds are made. But in the meantime I've got my work
cut out for me to get an alloy ready for casting.

Well, it sounds like you've made a good study of it, and that you know what
you're after. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, those muzzleloader bullets I was making included lead balls for my pea
rifle and for my .45-cal "compromise twist" commercially made rifle, but
also patched conical bullets for use in an antique, 30-lb. bench rifle. The
harder ones were the conicals.

If anyone is interested, I'll describe a process for making aluminum bullet
molds that will make a machinist cry, but which turned out some of the best
bullets I ever made. All you need is a big-mutha hammer and a file.

Ed Huntress

YES!! Please do!

I suspect Im gonna cringe when I hear the discription however... G

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"