Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default repair concrete block wall

This repair really should be done on the outside. If the existing
hole is dirty, it would be best to chip the hole larger until you
have fresh concrete around the interior of the hole. It can and
should be jagged, Install a form board of some type on the inside
face - nail it, screw it, or push on it with a board so that it
cannot fall or bulge.

Mix equal parts of portland and sand, add only enough water to
hint at changing the color. This mixture needs to be extremely
dry. It should barely form a "snowball" when you squeeze it in
your hand. Pack a heavy layer into the hole. Use a hammer and
stick like a 1x2 about 10" long and begin to drive the drypack
into the hole. Once that layer is well driven in, add some more
and repeat until the hole is filled. Once full, apply a heavy
layer of plastic roof cement or equal to the outside concrete
larger than the hole you have filled. Reinforce the roof cement
with mesh, protect with a bit of tar paper, beaver board, or equal
and backfill. This can be done as soon as you have filled the
hole. You should be able to pull the interior form immediately,
but prudence might leave it on for a day or two.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to repair ( fill ) a hole in my basement wall. It is
about
6 inches in diameter and is the result of having to replace the
water
line coming into the house. What is the best material to use
and the
procedure? All I can find on a Google search is repairing
cracks.
This is much too large for those procedures.

Don