Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default repair concrete block wall

Carefully chip a brick into the right shape and mortar it in place. A
hole that big needs something solid to take up the space. I've done
that using a mortar mix with some extra portland cement to make it set
up a little harder.

But, I agree with Joe - fix the hole on the other side as well.

-rev

On Mar 14, 5:25 pm, wrote:
I need to repair ( fill ) a hole in my basement wall. It is about
6 inches in diameter and is the result of having to replace the water
line coming into the house. What is the best material to use and the
procedure? All I can find on a Google search is repairing cracks.
This is much too large for those procedures.

Don