Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default audio amplifier- recommedations

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message
"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Leo Tick wrote:
Bob Urz wrote:

Leo Tick wrote:

This is a sort of repair question. On a site I wish to use the volume
is too low even when all available controls are set to max.

This is a computer generated sound?
If its a PC go into the mixer applet and boost the level when your
using it. You might have to boost both the channel and the master
if needed.

Bob

Sounds grand BUT (this is a PC) the volume in the display which has
speakers is at max , the "slider" on the stuff displayed by the site is
on max. The windows mixer has every thing on max. Where is this applet?

Win XP hit start, then click on Volume control.

or hit control panel, then click on sounds and audio device.

YOu might post the URL to see if anyone else has this trouble.

Bob

Not that this is a correct fix by any means, I've found the same of my
"new" computer. Play an Audio CD through it - to give yourself some audio
to use as a test signal, have your speakers turned up. Then go to the
master volume control - via the tool bar OR Control Panel, and adjust that
down to about 1/2 way or so - a tad either way of there - will give you
your full volume. I'm not sure why that is working that way, but that is
my remedy as it is. When "it" is set at full volume, it doesn't work.

with the bottom notch being number one on the master volume setting, mine is
at #3 - and with my speakers adjusted for volume per my desire, I get all
the audio this thing can muster.