Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Critique my plan - workbench

On Mar 14, 6:43 pm, "Chuck Hoffman" wrote:
My question is: why two layers of MDF? You know that that stuff is twice
as heavy as plywood and it tends to take a "set" over time.

I'd be inclined to make a torsion box for under the butcher block top.

I want to thicken up the top with something that will give the bench a
lot of mass, I want this bench to be HEAVY. I was attempting to plane
a panel that was clamped to the solid blockboard door that is the
outfeed for the contractor saw and was easily pushing the the TS
around.

Maybe the bench needs drawers filled with tools to weight it down...