Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rmeyer1@gmail.com is offline

Default Dust collectors

On Mar 14, 9:38 pm, "Ron" ronaldjangelATcomcastDOTnet wrote:
I've definetly decided to replace my shop vac with a DC unit this spring.

I'm also just about 100% convinced to go with a canister model w/ $300-$350
being my price range.

The local Rocklers has the Jet DC-650 canister for $299, thru April. I'm
also considering the PSI DC1BXL canister unit.

The PSI unit will be about $350 when s/h costs are considered.

They both have 1hp motors, the PSI unit moves 850 cfm vs the Jet's 650.
Jets canister is rated at 2 microns vs PSI 1 micron filters

The PSI unit also includes 8' of pipe & 15 bags.

They both seem like good values and what PSI gives you for the extra $50 is
probably worth it as well.

That said..
I'm planing on using it mostly with my Delta 13" planer, router table and
14" bandsaw. The BS and RT shouldn't be problems, but,
I've read where the planer many need closer to 800 CFM to do a good job.
I normally plane a lot of WOak, ROak and Cherry

I'm hopefully going to replace my table saw with the newer Ridgid model
next and I'd like to be able to hook that up as well.

I'd appreciate and real world experience with either of these units or
others in the same price range.

ThankX in advance,
Ron

You will kick yourself every time you want to put in some ductwork
for central collection. Get the biggest unit you can now, at very
least 1200+.... Get a cyclone if at all possible. You will thank us
in the future ... You WILL want to pipe your shop and you will have
to give away the 1hp unit.