Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default Suspended Ceiling and fixtures within

On Mar 14, 11:16 am, wrote:
Are their proper brackets for installing light fixtures in a suspended
ceiling? I assume there are and expect them to be expandable to fit
between the main tee's or main tee and wall angle. But I cannot find
them at local building suppliers. Do these exist?

If You buy can lights I think they have adjustable brackets built onto
the can..My Bro is considering "fish eye" can lights for My Nieces
newly done basement..Placement may be somewhat limited because the
grid is only about 3" below the joists and regular cans need about
8"..Oops,,My fault for not adjusting the size of border tiles to
accomodate well placed cans..
That reminds Me,,there's a smoke detector that needs to be lowered
down there! Better call Bro soon..
Dean