Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,triangle.general,neworleans.general

Default Legal Americans of ALL Nationalities..TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

snip...As a result of the above, soldiers with the pads take off their
helmets much more frequently, and put off wearing them during
routine daily routines and when riding in vehicles. This means that
soldiers are increasing the risk of head trauma and death, or head,
facial and brain injuries. None of this is near the problem with the
standard web padding system. This means that the pads which can
help reduce 2% of injury risk overall, create a risk that the
soldier may make himself vulnerable to 98% of the injury and death
risk by having his helmet off because it is tremendously
uncomfortable. It ain't a bean-counter issue, it is an issue of what is
best for the
soldier. How is this something that Bush is responsible for?

You're right. It's best to have NO expectations of the president. None
whatsoever. This way, you're never disappointed. Same for his
worshippers.

I have high expectations for a President. But that wasn't your initial
point. You basically were asserting that soldiers were not receiving
proper helmet gear because of Bush. If you want to know what my
expectations are, here's a copy of a letter that I sent to both the GOP
and the White House:

I will reiterate that it is (easily) possible for a president to put
pressure on anyone he chooses, in order to reach a certain goal. Whether
it's within his formal authority to do so is a moot point. It still happens,
and *should* happen when priorities are not being set correctly by lesser
beings.

Remember the "not enough armor on vehicles" fiasco? In the news, an
interview with one manufacturer: "We're running about half capacity. I could
crank up to 100% in a week or two, but nobody from the military is asking
for more product". A real president would've said "I don't care if it's 2:00
AM. Everyone responsible - my office - 90 minutes".