Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mark.a.ramsdell@usa.dupont.com is offline

Default Roof Soffits Question: Insulation getting over Soffit Holes In Attic - How To Prevent

On Mar 14, 1:55 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

I see from looking in the attic that my rood edge soffits are covered over
with the attic insulation.

Not to good obviously, and I doubt that they are functioning at all.
Glad I have at least a gable vent on each side of the house.

I'll crawl up there and move the insulation away, but really don't want to
cut it, or move it back, more
than a few inches at most from the soffit edge.

Was wondering if there is any product that is made to go over the soffit
(betweem the 16" roof floor joists) that is perforated
and somehow prevents the insulation from creeping back over the soffits
holes again.

My guess would be a plastic piece with holes, that perhaps has a
semicircular cross section.

Any thoughts On ?

Thanks,
Bob