Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver Jumpster Jiver is offline

Default Panasonic 5 disc CD mini stereo model:SA-AK25

wrote:

Panasonic 5 disc CD mini stereo model:SA-AK25,year:may 98,no audio
output from what I assume to be front speakers (they are labeled as
"low" & connectors are red & black) but what I assume are back or
surround sound speakers (they are labeled as "high" and grey & blue).

This unit has IC601=RSN3502 no other audio output IC's,is the IC the
culprit (& any other equivalents)? does anyone have any common repair
tips as I don't feel like spending hours tearing the thing apart &
trying to troubleshoot with it in pieces.Thanks.

Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

There is no surround on this model. The low and high outputs are for
low frequency (sub woofers) and higher frequencies (mid and tweeter)
The original speakers have black, red, grey and blue wires.
I don't have the unit in front of me right now, but I believe if you
activate the subwoofer (button near volume knob) you will get a sub
output on the red and black wires.
Beware thisoutput may damage a regular speaker that is not equipped to
handle all that bass.

Here is a link to a copy of the user manual.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCAK25.PDF