Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bennett Price Bennett Price is offline

Default audio amplifier- recommedations

Just use the cheapest amplified speaker you can find. Here's one at
Radio Shack for $13 Catalog #: 55014862 If the earphone output of
your pc isn't enough, tap the speaker output.

Leo Tick wrote:
This is a sort of repair question. On a site I wish to use the volume is
too low even when all available controls are set to max. Earphones are
marginal speakers would need a hearing aid. I realize this a a software
problem (widows and all browsers likely the site) I believe that
solution path is not available . It's not the sound hardware since other
sources are quite loud. ISTM that an audio amplifier is a good solution.
I only need about a doubling of the current volume and since this is
only speech, wide band is not needed. Can someone suggest a simple that
means -cheap device. A kit would be fine. What specs do I need after all
the input level is not low and in truth I dont need a power supply as I
have the computer power or a box full of cubes.
All suggestion are appreciated.