Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] user@domain.invalid is offline

Default Adding a second level on home

Or as a response to get a better view of the water..... which is why we
are interested in adding a second story to our ranch house.

Cathy

Goedjn wrote:
On 13 Mar 2007 10:55:19 -0700, wrote:

Can someone tell me how much this generally costs? I have a ranch
that I would like to renovate by adding a second floor. Is there a
way to estimate it per square foot? What hidden costs are there (such
as architect fees, permit fees, and etc.)? Thanks.

I'd be mildly surprised if it worked out particularly different
from building a new addition on the side. And what difference
there is, I'd expect to be higher rather than lower.
Building up is more a response to a constraint on the footprint
of the building than to money.