Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default New meter! :-)

"David Brodbeck" wrote in message
t...
Starflex wrote:
Uhmm.. I've already two "chineses" meter (veery cheap)...but in some
applications (es, monitor repair) they gave a different value...

I'm not surprised. I have a cheap one and it reads 10% low on the
voltage scale when the batteries get low. The LCD has a low battery
annunciator but it never comes on. Poor design. My job doesn't require
a very accurate meter so I just check it against the line every so often
and replace the batteries when I start to see suspiciously low readings.
In my job there's a fairly substantial chance that sooner or later I'll
drop it off a ladder and break it, and I'd rather break a $40 Chinese
meter than a $300 Fluke.

I dropped my Fluke and cracked the LCD. The part was provided by Fluke for
about $17 including shipping. I had another one that was replaced by them
at N/C when it failed, as it had a lifetime warranty.

Leonard

It has removed 3260 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!