Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default New meter! :-)

Starflex wrote:
Uhmm.. I've already two "chineses" meter (veery cheap)...but in some
applications (es, monitor repair) they gave a different value...

I'm not surprised. I have a cheap one and it reads 10% low on the
voltage scale when the batteries get low. The LCD has a low battery
annunciator but it never comes on. Poor design. My job doesn't require
a very accurate meter so I just check it against the line every so often
and replace the batteries when I start to see suspiciously low readings.
In my job there's a fairly substantial chance that sooner or later I'll
drop it off a ladder and break it, and I'd rather break a $40 Chinese
meter than a $300 Fluke.