Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default Need to reset lamp life warning on ASK Impression 880 projector

carneyke wrote:
Sorry the switch information was for the ASK 960.
I have changed lamps in the ASK 880 but can't find any information on
resetting the timer. I seem to remember removing the lamp "tripped" a
switch.

Hmm. I don't remember anything special on the lamp sockets. They seemed
like typical HID bulb sockets, just one wire per socket. Perhaps a
complicating factor here is that the original lamp sockets, ballast, and
ignitor are gone. I retrofitted generic replacements after the original
ballast blew up. There were two temperature switches on the brackets
that held the lamp assembly, but I put those back in place.

I suppose it's possible there were some kind of sensing electronics in
the ballast or ignitor that could detect a new bulb, but I don't
remember noticing anything special about the wiring for those, either.
Like my other ASK projector the lamp ballast seemed to be powered by its
own tap off the 120V input, completely independent of the display
electronics.

Maybe I'll take it apart again and give the lamp compartment another
careful look, some time soon.