Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Older house insulation

"news.optonline.net" wrote in message
Do you think the wall insulation is either old, settled, insufficient,
non-existent, or other?
Should I enlist in a home energy audit and would they be able to recommend
an action I could take? Where do I find reliable, reputable people who do
these audits?

To answer the first question, yes, it may be non-existent. Sometimes you
can peek in between an electrical box and the plaster and see if there is
anything in the wall. Or drill a small hole that is easily patched.

Your local utility company may offer an energy audit a low or no cost.
Check their web site of give them a call.