Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.electronics.repair
Captain Midnight Captain Midnight is offline

Default OT? - Broken Fridge

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

What's wrong with a couple pans of hot water, rags at bottom, close the

door,
wait an hour while you do something else! People who have to have instant
gratification for a task that's performed once a year if that!

I love the gratification of my food not spoiling. What are you doing for
gratification while the pan is in the fridge? ;^)

I'm guessing it'd take at least 12 hours of hot water to completely defrost
my old fridge. I take out the panels and keep at it to get it all not just
enough to get some air flow. First time was when the defrost timer was only
working on every other cycle and ~ten years later to try and save it. Didn't
want to put any money into a 25 year old so didn't bother doing any
troubleshooting. Do they still sell fridges that aren't "frost free"?.

Actually it was 3 times. Didn't realize the timer had 2 cycles the first
time. IIRC the second cleaning was less than a year later. Soon enough I
knew it had a problem at any rate.