Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lawnmower won't start

" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 12, 9:48 pm, synergy3000 wrote:
I picked up a year old Toro lawnmower from a moving sale.
I tried to start it up but nothing happens. It appears gas was left in
the lawnmower over the winter. Not sure any stabilizer was added,
probably not as it does not want to start. What should I do to try and
get it started? Deal was too good to pass up so I figured it was worth
the hassle.

Thanks

I use starting ether to test for a fuel problem. If a short squirt
into the throat of the carb will let you start and run the engine for
a few seconds, you have a fuel system problem. A squirt of
starting ether is more definitive than a squirt of gas (which doesn't
always work).

It always has for me.

Bob