Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding a second level on home

On Mar 13, 1:25�pm, "Rich" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

news:PTBJh.15600$d8.4232@trndny07...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone tell me how much this generally costs? *I have a ranch
that I would like to renovate by adding a second floor. *Is there a
way to estimate it per square foot? *What hidden costs are there (such
as architect fees, permit fees, and etc.)? *Thanks.

About the same as 2 or 3 new cars.

Could be even more!

cost depends on the existing structure of your home. newer homes are
frequently lighter built, which would mean more structural upgrades.

a truss roof home would be much worse than a regular home.

I have a friend who did this, it was messy living in hoime during
construction.

plus how much of the existing floorplan will change? if you want to
reconfigure a bunch costs will be more.