Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Trip Down Memory Lane (Somewhat O.T.)

On Mar 13, 8:12 am, "Leon" wrote:
IIRC Falstaff and Schlitz were in those "Snuff" style bottles. LOL

I remember early sixties (1 or 2) and watching the old black and white
TV with the football games on, and Hamms beer was the sponsor. "From
the land of sky blue water - Hamm"s". I always thought the cartoon
Indian in a canoe was funny. My grandfather drank Hamm's when my Dad
brought it to him, but otherwise his taste ran to whatever was cold.

All they had were tin cans and a church key. No squatties, just yet.
They used to take me to the bar where they did have bottles, and they
would order a beers, and "a beer for the boy".

Do you remember or did you ever pierce the bottle cap with an ice pick and let the drink jet spray into your mouth?

Naw, too much excitement for me! I would have probably shot it up my
nose.

Robert