Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default A Trip Down Memory Lane (Somewhat O.T.)

wrote:

Ahhhh, yes. Or to gig a frog or ten. I remember gigging on the shore
of the creek, and it was tough going as a kid. I gave it up in lieu
of bank fishing under the low hanging trees for perch. Better return.

snip

Took one look at gigging and said, "Forget it".

If it was daytime, used a fly rod or a cane pole and a fly.

If it was night time, jacklighting with a row boat, and no, never got
caught.

As far as catfish, or most any other fish, for that matter are
concerned, I'll pass on the egg wash, but rolled in a spiced up
cornmeal/flour mix, and deep fried in a cast iron chicken fryer, now
that is to die for, IMHO.

It's a tough life, but somebody has got to do it.G

Lew