Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Advice on buying a ladder

wrote:
Thanks for all of the really useful responses. I'd been planning to
get a combination ladder, or failing that a double. After reading the
response couldn't have been much clearer about getting a ladder stay.

I've measured my gutters as being about 6.1 mts up. Based on a 1:4
ratio I reckon I'll need ladders at least 7.6m long. Looking at the
various websites it looks like the 7.44m long ladders will be too
small to get to the gutters & I'll have to go for the 8.94m length,
which will be heaver / more expensive / harder to store. Pls could
someone shout if I've got this wrong.

Thanks,

Michael

I've got a triple aluminium lightweight job a bit bigger than that. Easy
for me (and all my neighbours) to cart about, and pretty easy for one
person to push up to, say, two thirds its maximum. Beyond that, damned
near impossible I'd say.
My advice would be as long and as light as you can.