Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] michaeld121@hotmail.com is offline

Default Advice on buying a ladder

Thanks for all of the really useful responses. I'd been planning to
get a combination ladder, or failing that a double. After reading the
response couldn't have been much clearer about getting a ladder stay.

I've measured my gutters as being about 6.1 mts up. Based on a 1:4
ratio I reckon I'll need ladders at least 7.6m long. Looking at the
various websites it looks like the 7.44m long ladders will be too
small to get to the gutters & I'll have to go for the 8.94m length,
which will be heaver / more expensive / harder to store. Pls could
someone shout if I've got this wrong.

Thanks,

Michael