Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Lawnmower won't start

On Mar 12, 9:48 pm, synergy3000 wrote:
I picked up a year old Toro lawnmower from a moving sale.
I tried to start it up but nothing happens. It appears gas was left in
the lawnmower over the winter. Not sure any stabilizer was added,
probably not as it does not want to start. What should I do to try and
get it started? Deal was too good to pass up so I figured it was worth
the hassle.

Thanks

If it has a Tecumseh engine, check the flywheel key. If it has
sheared, which is fairly common, the timing will be off and the engine
will not run. Common failure mode is hitting a rock/brick/whatever
with blade, stopping engine, inertia of flywheel shears key and
flywheel keeps rotating, magnet on flywheel is no longer in proper
location with respect to crank throw.

nate