Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Advice on buying a ladder

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
Nobody's mentioned yet, but if you have a very long double ladder it can
be a real sod to erect it: it you stand it up against the side of your
house while not extended, and then push up the extending section, before
long you are standing on tip toes with outstretched arms, and you can't
reach any higher. ...

All the ladders I've had that were that long had ropes to pull the upper
part up.

There seems to be a range of ladders that fall into that intermediate
length - too long to raise manually from he ground, but not long enough
to warrant ropes. My triple is a bit like that, I can't quite get each
section to full extension from the ground (and I can reach over 8' on
tip toes!)

--
Cheers,

John.