Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Trip Down Memory Lane (Somewhat O.T.)

On Mar 12, 12:23 pm, "Leon" wrote:

SNIP

There is nothing quite like drinking a soft drink out of a
glass bottle and especially when it is frozen.

Wow... now there's memory. I remember pulling out iced sodas from a
metal chest that had the kids beverages on one side, and the old
fashioned squatty beer bottles on the other.

Cokes in those days were made with sugar, and they had a sharper bite
to them. Now (and for quite some time) they have been made with corn
syrup (or one of its relatives) and the tasted isn't near as sharp.

However, down south here, we can still get the bottled-in- Mexico-
Cokes, in the tall green bottle with the tin cap, made with sugar. I
can't tell you how many people I have bought those for to help them
remember what Coke tasted like 20-25 years ago.

Robert