Posted to alt.home.repair
RMD RMD is offline

Default Lawnmower won't start

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:48:36 -0400, synergy3000
wrote:

I picked up a year old Toro lawnmower from a moving sale.
I tried to start it up but nothing happens. It appears gas was left in
the lawnmower over the winter. Not sure any stabilizer was added,
probably not as it does not want to start. What should I do to try and
get it started? Deal was too good to pass up so I figured it was worth
the hassle.

Thanks

First thing is fresh fuel. (Make sure the fuel tap is turned on.)

Clean the spark plug. Check you have spark.

Try starting it with a petrol soaked rag jammed in the carby mouth, or
even just a dry rag. This rag chokes the carby better than the actual
choke does.

If there is a primer button, it may require experimentation to find
out how much priming is required.

Some or all of these things usually get small engines running for me.

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13)